You can cut all the flowers but you cannot keep Spring from coming. This is what I would say to Mother Nature if she was a person. This weather has been crazy over the past few months, but it finally looks like spring is here, and it’s here to stay.With that being said I wanted to share my favorite beauty products that i’ve been using just in time for spring. Let’s get started!
1. Fenty Beauty
Rihanna knows what her fans want! From quality-to-affordability and emphasis on inclusivity, Fenty Beauty is the hottest beauty product to have right now. Launched with 40 shades of foundation and an ad campaign featuring a diverse array of models I knew Fenty Beauty would be the brand for me. Here’s some more information about the three Fenty Beauty products I bought.
- Pro Filt’r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation – I have a hard time finding my shade in liquid foundations, so when I heard about this foundation I was eager to try it! It blends in really nicely and feels light on the face, providing more of a medium coverage. Overall I really wanted this foundation to work, but because I have a normal skin type I felt like this wasn’t the best foundation for me. I did experience transferring and the shade that I got which was 450 seemed to be a little too dark for me.
Pro Filt’r Instant Retouch Primer – My favorite primer so far! This is an oil-free soft matte primer that smooths away the look of pores, visibly evens skin tone and texture. This gives you a smoother foundation application and longer makeup wear. Did I mention that its 100% cruelty-free and formulated without parabens and phthalates?!
- Gloss Bomb Universal Lip Luminizer – Hello BOMB.com! I love love love this lip gloss! It keeps my lips moisturized and the shine is second to none…and don’t forget the color! Amazing!
- Smashbox step-by step-contour– This is a powder contouring kit, which comes in three colors (mine is the deep kit de definition) and a small angled brush. If you are a beginner (like me), then this Smashbox kit will be a great addition to your makeup collection and give you a guide to creating a cool contoured look.
Dose of Color: Lip It Up Satin Lipstick – This was my first time buying any Dose Of Color product, and I can say that I’m really feeling the color lava cake! It makes my lips soft and can be worn as an everyday lip color.
- Too Faced Melted Latex –This highly pigmented lipstick is gorgeous in the color bite me. A lot of reviews say that they don’t like it because it’s too goopy, but for me it wasn’t so bad. Oh and yes, I like to wear this in the spring time when going out at night.
- Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask- I am constantly dealing with dry lips, so when I found out about the Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask I was very very excited! I use this every night before bed and have noticed that my lips have been a lot softer. It makes lipstick application easier, and I definitely will only be using this on my lips from now on. You can also use it during the day as well as a lip balm.
- Huda Beauty Faux Mink Lashes – I usually only wear lashes for special occasions, but these lashes were so stunning, that I had to get them! Gorgeous on all eye shapes, these Faux Mink Lash Collection boosts your lash look with every wear.
- Tarteist Lash Paint Mascara – One of the best mascaras I’ve ever tried! No clumps, gets every lash, and really extends your lashes to the fullest!
5. Makeup Remover
Sephora Collection cleansing & exfoliating wipes – I bought the Green Tea cleansing wipes and they are awesome! This is the only fragrance I’ve tried, but they are pretty cool, because on one side it is smooth and soft for removing makeup, and on the other side it exfoliates. They don’t irritate my skin or eyes and remove makeup easily with just a few wipes.